May 14, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. One of the main goals of this blog is to help me improve my writing skills. After several years of writing mostly engineering reports -- and worse, engineering memos -- I have realized I don’t know how to write smooth, readable text. My writing comes out as dry, choppy phrases. Like this. And this.

More importantly, I want to use this blog to sharpen my thinking. I have a few ideas in the areas of architecture and design theory, music theory, the arts, engineering, the aerospace industry; however, unless I can express them in written form, I can’t really consider them complete.

The title of this blog is Forces, which refers to the fact that engineering will be covered, but also suggests the role of ideas in shaping culture.

Update: revised for clarity.

No comments: