Jun 16, 2008

Conservatives vs. America, Part n, lim n-> infinity

Well, the Democratic primaries are over, and while the nominees are yet to be officially announced at the conventions, its pretty clear that the November election will feature, on one side, a corporation-bashing, environment-worshipping, terrorist-appeasing, free-speech quashing statist collectivist … and on the other, Barak Obama.

As yet another example of how wretched the Republican Party has become, consider the rising star of the GOP, whose name is being mentioned as a possible VP candidate on the McCain ticket: Louisiana Governernor Bobby Jindal. Jindal supports teaching intelligent design, and has written about taking part in an exorcism:

Whenever I concentrated long enough to begin prayer, I felt some type of physical force distracting me. It was as if something was pushing down on my chest, making it very hard for me to breathe. . . Though I could find no cause for my chest pains, I was very scared of what was happening to me and Susan. I began to think that the demon would only attack me if I tried to pray or fight back; thus, I resigned myself to leaving it alone in an attempt to find peace for myself.
Incredibly, leading conservative blog Hot Air is downplaying this revelation:
TPM’s in full squeal over having dug up this very minor bit of oppo research, and while I’m certainly not the guy to scold them for scoffing at possession and faith healing, I do find it encouraging that (a) they’re already worried about him and (b) the best the left has been able to do thus far by way of attacking him is smearing/mocking his faith. The guy must be squeaky clean if they’re this desperate for material.

No comments: